Thursday, March 20, 2014

Slice 20: Library

Yesterday, I went to the library.  My mission: return 2 overdue books and get 2 books to finish a series.  That was it. 

Returned books: check
Paid fine: check

Turned around and looked at new arrivals.  Oh no.  Bad idea.
Don't look Bree.  Just don't look.  Focus.

Crap.  New book in a series by Meg Cabot.  In my arms it goes.  Darn it. 

I still need to walk to the section to get originally intended books.  Will I make it?

Teen section: check
1 of 2 intended books: check

Turned around.  Not a good idea.  Oh, look there is another book I had in my queue.  In my arms it goes.

Don't look at the movies as you walk by.  Don't.  Quick peek.  No, turn your eyes away.  Phew made it through that section.

Heading towards front to check out.  Brain thought:  oh I wonder if they have the Allison Winn Scotch book I discovered on paperbackswap.com?

Up the stairs I go.  Eyes sparkling.  Rows and rows of books.  Screw it.  Runs fingers over book spines.  Grinning madly.  Brain thought:  No library in Alaska where I'm going.  Enjoy the mass quantity of free books available.  My bookshelves can wait.

Happy girl walking out of library with 4 books.



And I don't want the library books to feel lonely so here are the books I've received from paperbackswap.com this week.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I, too, gorge myself in the library. So many books sitting there, just asking to be read. I really appreciate the way the tempo of your writing builds adrenaline and anticipation for your reader!

Vasilly said...

Ha! Love this post! I do the same thing whenever I go to the library! I have tons of books checked out right now. I always think I can read them all but I really can't. ;-) Anna and the French Kiss is a good read. I hope you enjoy it.

Kam Plasek said...

Libraries are magical. And dangerous. As most amazing things are :)

breethethingsweread said...

Thanks for stopping by. I am really late at replying. Sorry. I have about 2 months worth of books left then I can gorge at the library all the time. I'm really happy to find out there is a small library in the Alaskan town I'm moving to.

breethethingsweread said...

I did enjoy it a lot. I have her next one on my library list. Have you read it?

breethethingsweread said...

yup!