Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Slice 19: Love

Yesterday at work, I overheard someone say "I love you" to another co-worker.  These two people have not been dating very long, less than 2 months.  It really got me to thinking about love.  I'm still thinking about that moment even now.

How long does it take a person to fall in love with someone else?  Should you try to avoid it until you are positive?  What if you know the other person doesn't feel the same way? Do you still say it?  What if it makes the other person uncomfortable?  Do some people crave love so bad they say it even if they really are not in love with that person?  Why would you want to be so desperate?  Can you avoid it?  Is it possible to be with someone for a long period of time and still only be in "like" with them?  At what point do you cut it off? 

I have endless questions on the subject.

Clearly, I have issues with being in love with someone.  I'm hoping some day I'll get over the head-messing I allowed my last husband to do to me and will willingly love someone again.  Its hard and I'm not ready.  I never want to live with regrets again based on someone else's desires.

P.S.  the questions are stream-of-conscious meant for me.  No need to answer.


Yesterday Update:  My productiveness didn't end with going to work.  I completed 2 errands on the way to work.  After work, I spent 3 hours working on my TEFL course and learning Italian.  By the time I got my credit card and airline website to sync, the plane ticket dropped another $20!  Hell Yes!

Love life!  Thanks for all the encouragement in your comments this week.  I love it.

5 comments:

Vasilly said...

I don't think you have issues with being in love. I've wondered about those same things in the past.

Kam Plasek said...

Your post reminds me of a part of a song from tick, tick, Boom, a musical by Jonathan Larson. It goes: "Why do we stay with lovers / who we know down deep / just aren't right? / Why would we rather / put ourselves through hell / than sleep alone at night?"

breethethingsweread said...

Thanks. :)

breethethingsweread said...

It is amazing how overheard conversations can be catalysts to our own thoughts and activities. Love is a puzzle. Its a rare occasion but I do wish/miss the comfortablitity of marriage.

breethethingsweread said...

yeah, Kam, why do we? hmmmm